Eligibility Criteria :
Candidates should possess not less than 55% (6.25 CGPA on 10 points scale and equivalent) and 50% (5.75 CGPA on 10 points scale and equivalent) in case of SC/ST/OBC/SBC (Non Creamy Layer) in qualifying examinations under following categories:
- Candidates should have passed BE / BTech Degree (in related branch of engineering) of RTU or any other recognized University / Institution or any other examinations recognized as equivalent thereto by competent authority.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by MHRD / UGC / AIU / UPSC / AICTE
- Candidates having M.Sc., MCA and are seeking admission to certain M.Tech. programmes should posses valid and qualified GATE score of the relevant branch.
- The equivalency of any degree for admission to any programme will be decided by University. The eligibility criteria given in the following table are minimum and merely possessing the same does not qualify the eligibility for admissions. University may prescribe any other requirements over and above these conditions. If a recognized university has an approved conversion formula of CGPA into percentage then it will be applicable on producing the certificate of conversion from the concerned University.
Note: Candidates who are appearing in qualifying examinations in the academic session 2014-15 are also eligible for M.Tech. admission provided they fulfill eligibility criteria. However, they are required to submit marks sheet of qualifying examination as per schedule positively, failing which their admission shall be cancelled.
Merit List Criteria: RTU shall prepare a merit list of the candidates in the following order of priority:
- Valid GATE Score with qualifying marks not less than the cutoff marks for the category to which the candidate belongs and having Engineering Degree of a recognized university or equivalent.
- Candidates, not possessing UG degree in engineering but a valid GATE score with qualifying marks not less than the cutoff mark in the relevant engineering discipline and having M.Sc., MCA degree.
Marks in the qualifying examination (For those not falling in categories from (i) and (ii)).
|Branch of admission||Eligibility for admission as per details|
|Power Systems||B.E. or BTech in Electrical / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / EIC / Applied Electronic|